TRADITIONAL CREOSOTE – still the choice of the farmer and the professional user still manufactured here in the UK and continues to be available for the professional and industrial markets including farmers.
Having been available for more than 160 years (patented as a wood preservative in 1836), it was used initially for the preservation of railway sleepers and the timber used in the construction of bridges, it’s use on the farm is still universally accepted as the preservative of choice.
Dipping wood with Traditional oil based Creosote has been done for hundreds of years. Traditional Creosote – It works! Railway sleepers and telegraph poles are still in use 10’s of years on.
Applying Creosote is a great way to keep the ravishing effects of the British weather from shortening the life of your timber: Great against wood rotting fungi and wood destroying http://pharmacy-no-rx.net insects on external timbers.
Some of the benefits:
- Penetrates deep into the timber protecting against insects and fungi.
- Oil based with a distinctive odour.
- Reduces the drying and splitting of timber.
- Water repellent.
- Works on timber that is in ground contact.
- Once dried (usually 48 hrs ) it is safe around plants and animals.
- Mild disinfectant properties.
- Approved as a genuine preservative by the HSE – IT IS NOT JUST A WATER BASED “SHED AND FENCE TREATMENT”.
- Economical in use.
- Can be applied by brush, spray or dipping.
We only sell High Quality Traditional Creosote to professional people in the trade.
Notice: In July 2003, it became an offence for the general public to purchase and apply Coal Tar Creosote. However, the product is still available for sale to trades-people. This means the traditional user such as the agricultural community, builders, etc. are still able to purchase Coal Tar Creosote, providing they do not resell to the general householder. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that only genuine trade’s people/professional users are supplied.
Back to Home Page