TRADITIONAL CREOSOTE………….still the choice of the farmer and the professional user.
Traditional creosote is still manufactured here in the UK and continues to be available for the professional and industrial markets including farmers.
Having been available for more than 160 years (patented as a wood preservative in 1836), it was used initially for the preservation of railway sleepers and the timber used in the construction of bridges, it’s use on the farm is still universally accepted as the preservative of choice.
Why you may ask?
- Penetrates deep into the timber protecting against insects and fungi.
- Oil based with a distinctive odour.
- Reduces the drying and splitting of timber.
- Water repellent.
- Works on timber that is in ground contact.
- Once dried (usually 48 hrs ) it is safe around plants and animals.
- Mild disinfectant properties.
- Approved as a genuine preservative by the HSE…………IT IS NOT JUST A WATER BASED “SHED AND FENCE TREATMENT”.
- Economical in use.
- Can be applied by brush, spray or dipping.
For use as a wood treatment against wood rotting fungi and wood destroying insects on external timbers. Can be applied by brush; spray or by dipping
Supplied in a Dark Brown Shade